We have received a number of downloads which we have had to reject and this causes delays. We have been sent images we did not ask for, images in the wrong format or images in several different formats such as TIffs and Pro-Photo etc. This can lead to errors during book design and the wrong inks being during production.
Please only supply what we ask for as specified below.
FINAL AWARDS/BOOK PHASE – IMAGES BY 8th APRIL 2021
1. HI-RES file – save at the highest quality setting as a 300ppi JPG (Adobe RGB or sRGB) in the format “your_name.jpg”
2. Image description(s) – create your file in a plain text editor such as notepad or textedit. Please do not use MS Word or any similar program.
Save your image description in a plain txt file in the exact format below. Save the file as “your_name.txt”
3. Create a folder and save it as “Your Name”
4. Place your hi-res image and txt file inside the folder then ZIP this folder.
5. Send your zip file via https://wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
(IMPORTANT – YOU MUST SPELL CHECK YOUR INFORMATION THOROUGHLY!)
Please provide the following information for each of your commended images – file name, Your Name, Image Title, Image location, description no longer than 30 words, your camera settings and a link to your website or social media page.
“Glencoe in the Mist”
A heavy fog fell upon the forest, reducing the scene to vague shapes rising from the ground. A man walking quickly up the path became another ghost in the forest.
Canon 5D MkIV, ISO100 f/8 1/250sec @100mm.
Image name: joe_bloggs1.jpg
Your Name: Joe Bloggs
Image Title: “Glencoe in the Mist”
Image Location: Glencoe, Highland
Description: A heavy fog fell upon the forest, reducing the scene to vague shapes rising from the ground. A man walking quickly up the path became another ghost in the forest.
Camera settings: Canon 5D MkIV, ISO100 f/8 1/250sec @100mm.